Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Environmental Writing in Small Groups.

Purpose: To write with detail and description so that the reader gets a picture in their head of what you have writing about: -

Brown spikes with some white spider webs.
Feels prickly and sharp when I touch it with my hands.
It reminds me of a hair ball that the cat coughs up.
I wonder what grows inside ?
                By Adam & his buddy.


White, holey, rough pumice that blasted from the volcano.
Feels rough and light to touch.
Reminds me of running on the beach on a hot
summers day.
The surface is like a full moon on a dark night.
I wonder if it came out of a volcano ?
     By Shae and Josh.



Brown and black lumpy spikes shooting out the middle like a baby hedgehog.
Smells funny and feels weird.  Hard, prickly and rough.
I wonder if it will grow into a tree ?
It reminds me of a baby hedgehog putting out its spikes as it turns into a ball. 
                                                                        By Ben & his buddy.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your descriptions and really liked the odd objects that you used instead of familiar or known items. I think you have cleverly begun to describe things with adjectives and similes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what you have done today ,makes me look at our school in a new light ,it is very cool and funky ,i love the animals being so close as well
    tina c

    ReplyDelete