Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our Favourite and Interesting Things.

Purpose: To tell our own stories using photos, to help prompt our thinking, of things we like to do with our time.
Write in a way that for someone who doesn't know what it's like, (as not everyone lives on a farm),  can get a picture in their head.




I was riding the four wheeled motorbike with Josh on the back and diesel the boy dog was chasing us.  Josh was holding onto the back bar so he didn’t fall off.  He needed to do this because I went over bumps really fast.  I wasn’t allowed to go in last gear, only second and first.  If I did Josh would fall off because I have done it before, and he hurt himself.
Ben with brother Josh on the back.
                                             By Ben
I went motorbike riding a long time ago with my Dad, and friends.  We put cones down to drive around them, making a track for our motorbikes.  We made dirt tracks around the cones.  We drove up the hills and down the hills.  You can go fast down the hills, but when you go up the hills you go slowly.  Some people had a crash. An adult’s bike was munted because his kid pulled in front of him, so he crashed into him, it was Ben, his son.  
Adam with his motorbike.
                                          By Adam.
Some years back.










I like Holden’s because Ford’s always break down.  My family reckon Holden’s are cool.  We have a Holden commodore V6 car.  We also have two other Holden’s that are V8’s.  They sit in the garage.  One is a Ute and it isn’t used for anything either because we don’t need it for anything.   My photo was taken in Waihi at my home.
                             By Brenden.
 
I was standing on top of the rock jumping into a swimming pool, with my friend watching.  I slipped and sunk down to the bottom of the pool and my friend had to dive down to rescue me.  He swam down and got me up and had to keep doing that until he got me to the side of the pool. I had sunk to the bottom and I didn’t float back up until he pushed me up.  His nana was inside making a cup of tea.
The swimming accident.
                             By Shae
 
Riding in the park with Mum, my friends and my friends mum, I brought my orange bike.  I tried to pull a high wheelie but I was too young and I wasn’t big enough or strong enough to pull one.  I didn’t like any other photos, I liked this one because my bike helps me exercise a lot.
You might see my chicken pox in the photo but they are just scabs because it is healing up.
Biking at the park.
                   By Devon 
I am on my motorbike in a paddock racing my friends.  I have all my gear on, helmet, goggles – safety gear.  I was riding in a maze paddock.  I was racing and playing around with our motorbikes while I was skidding.  I fell off when another person passed me.  He hit me as he passed, so my bike flipped over.
       By Josh.
In the maze paddock.

3 comments:

  1. Well done boys, on trying to make sure detail was added to your stories. I really liked the way you could see how 'talking' about your stories helped with the 'recording' of your stories.
    Ben, you really got the idea, when the others were sharing their ideas, you kept saying "I think you might need some more details" or "That's not enough information for me to know what you mean" - this really showed that you know what writing is all about.
    You all obviously love action and being outdoors in your spare time, and most of you had some sort of vehicle that you liked to spend your time with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You guys are writing so well. I'm going to share the link to your blog with some of the children at my school. We have quite a few children who ride motorbikes and are interested in similar things to you. Perhaps your great writing will inspire them.
    Some of the children I am thinking of have this blog Room 3 KFS
    Keep sharing. Ms Donnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome! I love the detail in your stories, and they are very interesting to read. Keep up the great work. :-) From Kathryn

    ReplyDelete