Monday, November 8, 2010

Character Writing

Purpose: Another 'quick-write' session (see below when we wrote about the road we live on).  This time as our whole class is looking at how to write about characters, we wrote about someone in our family that we wanted to share.
We had to write in a way that helps the reader get an idea of what that person is like.


Devon wrote:  My Dad lets me and my sister have McDonalds when Mum is at work.  He has a broken knee but I do not mind if he has this broken knee.  He slipped in his gumboots and fell over on the concrete.  My Dad takes cow poo out of ponds - that's his job.  He says I'm his whole world and my sister and Mum are too.  He is as angry as a gorilla when Mum goes off her high horse, when the dog pees on the washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment