Monday, November 1, 2010

Quick-Write - The Road Where I Live (2).


Purpose-to write within 5 minutes about 'stuff of our lives' - in this case the road where we live.  As we live in the country, most of where we live are called 'roads'.
*  To write in a detailed way, so that whoever reads our work gets a picture in their head of what our road is like.
  (based on Gail Loane ideas -  "I've got something to say", 2010).

I live on a main road it is busy and trucks go past our house.  We have car accidents on our dirveway, where there is a corner beside us.  We live by a farm and heaps of people drive past.                     by Brenden.


I live on a road.  We have a big drain on our road that goes to the river.  It has lots of trees we like.  They have lots of purple, yellow and pink flowers on them.  I have motorbikes and we have a big paddock.
           By Adam.

I live on a farm on a road.  I have friendly neighbours.  We live in a paddock and we have lots of room, it is cool.  We play rugby in the back yard.  We also play soccer.  It takes 7 minutes to get to school.                      by Ben.

(The names of the roads have been deleted for privacy reasons).

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you have tried to include some detail in your writing about the road, where you live. It makes it sound like you are right out in the country and have so much space to play.
    I was so impressed how you boys took up the challenge and just wrote non-stop for the five minutes. This was great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great descriptive writing boys. You have painted a picture in my mind that takes me traveling over the countryside. I live right in the middle of a Bay of Plenty town so my story would have been quite different.
    Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to reading more.
    From Mrs J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic you really do have something to say WOW. This is a great way to get your ideas down.

    ReplyDelete