Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Speech Practice

Speeches are kind of cool because I like listening other people's ideas.  I get nervous talking in front of other people because I haven't done speeches before.  My speech is about my dog diesel.  He has big soft floppy ears and a hard tail that feels like it has concrete in it.

This is my speech:

"Hi my name is Ben and my dog Diesel is almost 2 years old.  We got him from the SPCA.  He has two brothers and one sister.  Diesel is a black lab crossed with a rotti but he looks like a lab the most.  He has big soft ears.  He has a hard tail and brown puppy eyes.  He has a big graze on his leg.  He has a long tongue and he drinks lots of water.  Diesel can run very fast and when we get the motorbike out Diesel chases us and barks heaps.  He has a grey collar with his dog tags.  They are green and red so if he gets lost and someone finds him then he can be returned to us.  He eats our strawberries and all of our scraps.  I fed him my burnt pancakes.  The thing I like most about diesel is when we play with him and pretend we are dead he will come over and drop his toy bone.  He scratches lots and hates it when Dad cleans him with the hose.  He loves going in the car.  He is the best dog.  I love my dog Diesel.

By Ben 

1 comment:

  1. Great Speech Ben, I can get the idea that you really love your dog, from the way you have talked about him here.

    I like the bit in the beginning too where you say his tail feels like it has concrete in it. Good detail.

    ReplyDelete